The Tired of Cancer App “Website” is made available to you by Tired of Cancer B.V. – also referred to as “ToC BV, we, our” –, a company under Dutch law and compliant to European mHealth Guidelines. Established at Lucas Bolwerk 6, 3521EG Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Our founder, Dr. Bram Kuiper, has a mission for the App to help (ex) cancer patients worldwide with their fatigue and related issues. The awareness or research into of Cancer related Fatigue (“CRF”) is still very little and ToC BV has the aim to do more research into CRF and to offer the necessary tools through an App to better cope with CRF.
ToC BV is of the opinion that the protection of data of its users is of the utmost importance. Your personal data, which concerns all data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you, is therefore carefully handled and protected. When processing data, ToC BV observes the Dutch Personal Protection Data Act and other privacy legislation like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), issued by the European Union.
By using the Website and her additional Services, you grant unambiguous consent to ToC BV for the registration and processing of your personal information in accordance with the purposes stated in this Privacy statement.
If you have any questions regarding your data or privacy protection, you can contact us via email@example.com.
What we collect
We may collect, store and use personally identifiable data that you may voluntarily submit to us by making use of one of our Services, including your: name and email address.
We may also collect, store and use certain information that you to provide to us through using the contact form or via email, including, but not limited to, questions, remarks, feedback, etc.
We may collect certain anonymous data automatically, including, but not limited to, your browser and OS fingerprint, language, location data, and information about the way you use the Website, including the sections the Website you viewed or used, and how long you spent on a particular section.
Our use of your data
Our primary goals in collecting information is to provide and improve our Website and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Website.
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- To send the newsletters and mailings you have signed up for.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
For more information about our Services see hereunder at Services.
Note: ToC BV does not make decisions on the basis of automated processing (algorithms) that could have adverse consequences for you.
When subscribing for our newsletter, you need to register your name and email adress. After opt-in, we will store your data untill you unsubscribe.
ToC BV will carefully deal with your registered data. We do not sell any e-mail adres, name or profile to any Third-party. The subscription is intended send you informative and/or commercial messages about ToC BV in the future.
You can always review and modify your Name and E-mail address by using the subscription settings in Mailchimp via a link on the bottom of the newsletter.
Contact form & E-mail
A contact form is available on our website. If you wish to make use of this, ToC BV will ask you to provide the following personal details:
Tired of Cancer processes your personal data for the purpose of dealing with a question, complaint or other communication you have submitted to us. For this reason, it is also compulsory to fill in personal data. The legal basis of this processing is that this data processing is necessary for the representation of the legitimate interest of ToC BV and of you. This interest consists concretely of the interest of ToC BV and of you to be able to deal with questions, complaints or other types of communication at your request. These personal data will be kept for as long as is necessary for the complete answering and handling of the question, complaint or other communication sent with the contact form is necessary. After that, the personal data will be deleted.
Third party services
We have a processors agreement with Google. The data we collect in Google Analytics is anonymized and encrypted. The so-called ‘sharing of data’ with Google is not allowed. Finally, we do not use Analytics cookies in combination with other Google services.
We use buttons to promote or share our pages, blogs, etc on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn. These buttons are created by these social media platforms themselves and make use of a cookie. The cookies could have multiple functions, like it remembers that your are logged in on a specific social media platform so you won’t have to login when sharing.
In order to get insight of what these social media platform do with your personal data, please read the privacy statements of Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn carefully.
On our Website we use embedded content that is hosted by Vimeo.
Data processing & Security
How do we process and secure your data? In short:
- Your data will be stored in secure, sometimes Third-Party, applications;
- You personal data will not be given, sold, rented, loaned or otherwise disclosed to any third party, unless: you have authorized us to do so; we are legally required to do so, for example, in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process; it is necessary to do so in order to protect and defend the rights or property of this web site.
- We also may share aggregate, non-personal information about web site usage with unaffiliated third parties. This aggregate information does not contain any personal information about you.
- Some services are outsourced by ToC BV to a third party service providers. ToC BV, as the controller, will ensure at all times that the third party service provider will be bound by an appropriate agreement in accordance with applicable data protection law, and ensuring at all times that your data will remain protected.
- Contracted third parties, also called processors, get the task of processing your data for agreed purposes only and it is forbidden to process data for any other purposes.
- ToC BV will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures and procedures in such a way that ensures the protection of your rights, and always in accordance with applicable data protection law.
- The personal data provided by you will be sent to us in encrypted form via an HTTPS connection. DKIM and SPF are Internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving e-mails on our behalf that contain viruses, are spam or are intended to obtain personal (login) data. As a result, it is possible that a secure connection will be established with your receiving e-mail servers (if they support this).
- In case of a security breach leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, your personal data, ToC BV will inform you of the breach without undue delay, including a summary description of the potential impact and a recommendation on measures to mitigate the possible adverse effects of the breach.
You are the owner of your own data. Always.
Storage of data
Personal data may not be kept for longer than is necessary. The retention period depends on the purpose for which we have received or collected the data and on any legal obligations to retain the data. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access, correct or delete
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by ToC BV and you have the right to data transferability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send you the personal data that we have collected.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or for the withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
In order to be sure that the request for inspection has been made by you, we ask you to send us a copy of your identity document with the request. In this copy, please blacken your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Social Security number to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than four weeks.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that you have the opportunity to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Personal Data Authority.
If you have any questions, complaints, objections, regarding your rights and personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org